Saturday, October 23, 2010

Period after a few days of taking the emergency contraceptive pill?

Sometime last week my bf and I had sex and the condom broke but we didn't notice till later. I went to a health centre and took a emergency contraceptive pill to be on the safe side, and today I got my period. This is strange because I just finished my period the week before I saw my bf. Timeline: --> Week 1: Period Week 2: Emergency Pill Week 3: Period. This is my first time taking the emergency pill and I was wondering, is this normal??? Should I be worried?Period after a few days of taking the emergency contraceptive pill?
the same thing happend me a wile ago, i had a second period that month, the following month my period came on the normal date so the pill jus gav me an extra period, it was darker in colour as u described and was as heavy as a normal period would be for me. I dont think u hav anything to worry about as things r normal for me but if u r worried speak 2 ur doctor. it was the first time id taken the pill as well, i presume it was levonelle u took?type it into google,they hav their own website with questions and stuff on it, really thou, ul be fine!
The pill can make you bleed...that is a side effect,,however, when I am educating my patients I always tell them, that although you might bleed a little, it should not bring on your period,,,therefore, you probably should go see a dr. take care
i think it's normal.
was the bleeding heavy?

No comments:

Post a Comment