Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pcos and foul odor?

ive been diagnosed with pcos since i was 13 and for a while now theres been a foul odor coming from my vaginal area.about 6 months ago i started having this pain in my lower right side of my abdomen.i went to the emergency room a few months ago and they did an x-ray and it didnt show anything,but it took for them to give me an ultrasound to find out i had polycystic ovaries when i was 13..my question is,is this foul odor being caused by my pcos?im a clean person i wash up almost everytime after i use the bathroom.is there any treatment for this?

thanks. (need answers from only people who have been through this or by doctors)Pcos and foul odor?
PCO should not cause any odour or discharge. Sounds like you have a vaginal infection and need to see your Dr. Try treating yourself with Monistat or some sort of an antifungal first if you would prefer. Has nothing to do with PCO or being clean. Mater of fact a lot of soaps can be the cause of vaginal infections such as yeast infections.
Good luck.
That is not a symptom of PCOS, you have something else going on, contact your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment