Saturday, October 23, 2010

People that have the Mirena IUD ?

I have two children under 2 and probably won't be trying again for at least a few years. I'm considering getting an IUD but I don't know of anyone who has had one. Would you recommend the Mirena IUD? Any complaints about it?People that have the Mirena IUD ?
I have a mirena IUD and have had it for about 10 months and I love it! It didn't hurt anymore than a pap (not for me at least to have it inserted), it takes all of about two seconds to have inserted and i only cramped while adjusting to it for a day or two. After that it's great because you dont even know its there! I would definitely recommend it for you! I got mine after only having one child but not wanting another for a while and it has been great! My periods have been lighter and have mostly stopped, you dont have to worry about condoms or creams or anything when you are in the mood! I would definitely say at least talk to your gyno about it and get some more info from them!
my sister in law got one a few months ago, and her only complaint was pain during the insertion and cramping that same day.
I'm a nurse at an OB-GYN office. The Mirena IUD is the best out there. It's the more "natural" IUD. I feel that if you go to the actual site, www.mirena-us.com/faq.html, all your questions will be answered. Good luck to you and hope this helps.
I have the Paragaurd (the 10 yr one) and I've had it since 2004, and I havent had any complaints. My gyno told me that my periods would be heavier, but I havent really noticed a difference. But overall it's been the most effective contraceptive so far. Good luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment