Saturday, October 23, 2010

Painful Breasts- Could I be pregnant even on BC?

I am 21 years old, and have been experiencing painful breasts and sore nipples for the last 5 days. I am relatively small chested (34A-B depending on where I shop :o) ) and started my period when I was 13.
I have done a lot of research myself on the internet, and so far, nothing that explains my problem.
I am on Ortho-Tri Lo (since I was 14) and recently took a break from the pill for December and January. I resumed taking it as normal in February.
I had a normal period this month that began on April 5th and ended on the 9th. The pain started on the 15th, and has persisted since (now over a week!)
I am hoping someone might know whats up-
I don't have the option of going to the doctor's yet (NO HEALTH INSURANCE), and called my local community clinic, who cannot see me until the 30th of this month.
What could this be? Could I be pregnant, even on BC?Painful Breasts- Could I be pregnant even on BC?
Yes you could be.
You could be, it could also be a side effect of the pill you are on.
I have painful breast prior a period. Never been pregnant though.
i am on the shot and there is time when i get sore breast and symptoms of pregnancy but that is completely normal! but if you skipped the pill a couple of days you might be in trouble
Remember, NO method of birth control is 100% effective. This is just a fact. The pill, under normal usage, is only 95% effective in preventing pregnancy.
However, if you used the pill EXACTLY as you should, and used back up birth control for the first week according to your info leaflet, then the chances of pregnancy are greatly reduced. I would guess it might be your body readjusting to the hormones.
NO birth control except for abstinence is 100% effective so YES you could be pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment